Banner

Banner

Thursday, February 27, 2014

(No subject)

Email received February 25, 2014

Hola familia,

How´s it going out there in the frosty winter cold? I´m LOVING the heat (no joke) and am always so glad that I don´t have to be out in the streets where it´s nice and cold right now (you know me, not a big fan of being cold). This week we did more traveling for some divisions, it was pretty fun. We went out to the campo, (countryside)- good times and we had a lot of success. I´m still loving my area a ton. The members are so great in this area. The investigators are also really awesome. We were worried at first because it sounded like the members didn´t want to work but so far we haven´t really had any problems with not having members to work with. There was a really cool area devotional from Elder Ballard and Elder Rasband that he gave to Melchezideque Priesthood holders and President let us go if we brought a less active priesthood holder or an investigator. It was super. They talked about how other dispensations may have had time to wait around for the second coming of Christ but we don´t. It went right along with my scripture study in 1 Nephi 14. Also he talked a lot about how many people are going to be there on the other side of the veil to thank us for bringing the gospel into their lives. It went hand in hand with this super amazing dream that I had. A few nights ago I had a dream that you guys came down here Mom and Dad, and all of the people that I´ve baptized in my mission so far were there as well, and we were all going into the temple together. We were all so happy and hugging each other and it was one of the neatest experiences I´ve ever had. As I´ve thought about it I realize the chances of that actually happening any time soon are very slim, but I´m looking forward to being able to do that in the Celestial Kingdom and I know that thanks to the Atonement of Jesus Christ it is possible.

Well I´ve had a really good week and I´ve learned so much. I´m learning a ton from the Book of Mormon and from the people around me. Today for example as I read 1 Nephi 15:13-16 I realized how cool it is that me and Spencer are both fulfilling that prophecy! Perhaps one of the most impactful moments I experienced this week was yesterday however. Here in Moroni we have the Patriarch in our ward. This guy is amazing. He was the first Paraguayan mission president and is just a super amazing guy. He´s on his death bed so we were asked to go and take him and his wife the sacrament. When we were ready to leave we asked him who he wanted to offer the prayer before we left. He said he would like too. He didn´t even have strength to say complete sentences, but as soon as he started praying the Spirit entered the room super strong. Then as he spent all of his strength offering his prayer, he said nothing but thanks to the Lord. He is suffering on his death bed and using all of his strength to thank the Lord for the blessings that he has received. I realized between that and a few other things from the week that my prayers could be a lot better. Elder Ballard said that personal prayer is either one of our most powerful tools or the most powerful one that we have. I realized as he explained a little what we should pray for that as we ask for help to help others instead of asking Him to help others for us, our prayers change into powerful tools of righteousness. I´ve set the goal to have more effective and more powerful prayers with others and when I am alone. I love you all very much and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Con amor,

Elder Zachary J. Hulsey