Banner

Banner

Monday, March 17, 2014

(No Subject)

Email received March 17, 2014

Hola familia!

How's it going? This week was a good one. We had capacitations this week so it was a lot of traveling around Asuncion and divisions. One night this guy from PBO called the office and long story short Elder Dickson and I basically had to go take a 6 hour run around trip delivering carbon monoxide detectors to a ton of houses in the mission (it wouldn't have taken as long but we got super lost, haha). But one positive on that is that we had to give one to some Elders in Capiata and they were having an activity in the chapel for all of the less actives and recent converts (Elder Dickson and I both served a long time in that area) so that was a bonus to see everyone again.

So we've been letting everyone know that we are having a baptism on the 25th of this month, but we just haven't been sure who it would be. Well yesterday we were sitting in principios del evangelio (Sunday School class) and the hermanas went up and started to talk with our investigator, Pedro, about his baptism on the 25th( keep in mind that we hadn´t told him our plan yet)! Anyways apparently with them he accepted the date! So later we went by and watched the restoration video with him and it was a super experience. He says he feels in his heart that these things are true and he´s preparing for his baptism on the 25th (pray that all goes well there).

Well I´m out of time but I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! The Lord blesses us when we do what´s right and He loves us. Just think about the incredible blessings we have. Even if everything goes wrong in our life we are still so blessed because we have the Priesthood power and authority on earth making it possible to have the remission of our sins through baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost and so we can have the hope of a mundo major (better world) (Ether 12:4). ¡Que BendiciĆ³n (what a blessing)! What more could anyone really want? Que les vaya bien.

con amor,
Elder Zachary J. Hulsey

P.S. I forgot again this year about St. Patrick´s day but luckily I bought a new backpack today that had green on it (my other backpack is being retired, the bottom is just a big hole now so I bought a new one), A real nice Nike one that I randomly found at this random Nike outlet and they accepted my American dollars so I just bought it with the Christmas money that Grandma sent me! Score! I´ll send pictures next week.