Banner

Banner

Monday, February 10, 2014

(no subject)

Email received February 10, 2014

Hola familia!

Como esta todo? Sounds like you all had a fun week last week. Happy birthday Eli, I hope that he completes the year very happily. This week was pretty fun. After we got back from the chaco we had more travelling to do. Basically I traveled from Bolivia to Argentina (because my area boarders up with Argentina) then out to Brazil (without actually entering any of those countries). I was driving out in Pedro Juan Caballero (that´s the city that boarders with Brazil) and it was super sketchy, but it was super fun and I was super careful. I´m now never going to be afraid to drive anywhere in the United States. So changes are happening this week and Elder Dickson and I are staying together but switching areas. We are now going to be in an area called Moroni. The temple is now in our area! I´m a little bummed because we were finding some super cool people in Trinidad and yesterday for example there was an entire less active family, mom dad and children, that came back to church. After we had a lesson with them with our branch president and the branch president invited him to prepare to baptize his son and he accepted. He also said the closing prayer and just started crying, it was a super cool lesson. There is just so much potential there and I just hope that the new missionaries that are there can really see it and capitalize on it and work super hard, because I really love that branch. But I´m super pumped to go to barrio Moroni! It is probably the best functioning ward in Paraguay. It´s pretty cool because I´m going from one of the poorest most dangerous areas in the misson (I can say that now that I´m not there anymore) to one of the nicest areas. The people up in my new area speak English and drive cars, it´ll be an interesting adventure and I´m super stoked to go do it!

So this week I was a lot of traveling and capacitations so I don´t have too many more stories to tell. But I do have an even greater found love and stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon. I love that book. I´m convinced that if we really take the time to study that book, tanto personalmente como con la familia, (both personally and as a family) then we will have our foundation upon the rock of our Redeemer. It really does answer questions. You can study it with any question in mind and find the answer as you study with prayer. I´m learning so much as I read it and I really do believe that it is true. Elder Dickson and I also realized that if you open the Book of Mormon to any page, you will find something about repentance. The Book of Mormon has a special softening, converting, and re-taining power in it. I invite you to read it with questions. If you have no questions read it with the question of who could you give a copy of it to and how can you do it and then pray for the courage to do so. i promise you that you will see great blessings and changes in your lives, especially in regards to overall happiness and peace in your daily lives and animo to do all that you have to do. I hope you have a great week.

Con amor,
Elder Zachary J. Hulsey