Banner

Banner

Friday, August 17, 2012

Email: Como Le Va Familia?

Received August 17, 2012

Hola Famillia!
Gosh this week was AMAZING!!!!! I love being here in the CCM (MTC) sooooo much. I see Elder Reber all over the place, I love it. His companion seems nice and him and his district leader are so similar, they go on splits together a lot, it's cool. I was trying to upload some pictures but I couldn't really figure it out. hopefully next week I can get some help and send some home, I don't know if I could receive any from you guys. Also instead of emailing me, if you could send me dearelders on thursday morning then I will get them thursday night and I can reply to them on friday in my email. I love getting all of the letters! At 9:30 at night I love to read the letters. I haven't been homesick at all. The only times I want to come home are when something really cool happens and I want to tell you guys about it, but then I would just want to run right back. I'm sorry I haven't been able to write any of you back, our rule is we can only write letters on P-day, so I'll be hand writing some and sending them home today. So on Sunday I watched a talk given by Elder Bednar on Christmas here in the MTC and it changed my life and my whole attitude. It's called the Character of Christ, basically the character of Christ is to turn out when the natural man would turn in, AMAZING!
So holy cow the Rebers moved out, score one for Utah! That's so cool, they'll love it out here. Also good luck in school, I can't believe how fast the time has gone. Me and Elder Jenson are still getting a long great. We're very different but we also have a lot of similarities. I don't know too much about his story, I know he's a life-long member but I've been praying for an opportunity to get to talk with him about that stuff. I have had so many spiritual experiences i can't even begin to explain them all. I have been able to see specific blessings from the Lord in my everyday things, it's soo cool. Like everything here is in Spanish: my ward, my classes, my lunches (district goal so that we can learn the language better). But I'm really starting to learn it. I prayed in Spanish the other night for about 10 minutes and I only had to use about 3-5 English words, it was awesome! But I'm no where near where I hope to be by the time I get to Paraguay. Our visa meeting turned out to only be a blood test, they needed a sample of our blood, but they said no news is good news so hopefully that's true.
I love my district sooooo much. Elder Mull is one of my favorite people on the planet. Yesterday at lunch he shoved 35 grapes in his mouth, it was so funny. All of his examples in Spanish have to do with Star wars or Lord of the Rings, it's awesome. He and I like to lift weights for gym sometimes (Tell Mark Parsons that they do have a weight room here). I also love playing basketball, it's just always so crowded. I really like my district leader Elder Peterson. He and I want to come back and teach here in the MTC after our missions. He also wants to be a highschool US history teacher. Life here is soo stressful and pretty hard, but everyday when I write in my journal I just feel so happy. I don't think I've ever been this happy in my life. My classes our so hard because I have to focus so hard on trying to understand what's being said, but every once and a while I can understand whole sentences and conversations, and that makes all of the hard work worth it to me. I found a quote that I love by President Packer, it's on page 19 in Preach My Gospel (I don't remember if it's on page 19 in the English one or the Spanish one, but it's talking about true doctrine understood). I want you guys to look it up, I really like it. So I joined the choir. I did it just to try it, but I really like it. it's a nice break and I really learn a lot. they talk about the meaning of the lyrics and stuff, it's cool.
Well I love you guys soooo much. I wish I could tell you guys more, but every night in my prayers I ask heavenly father to please let you guys know how much I love you because I can't tell you all of the time. Prayer is so powerful, I love it. Oh I forgot, yesterday I saw brother Webb here in the MTC, it was awesome. He gave me a hug and just said good luck. It was really nice seeing someone I respect so much volunteer his time here. It reminded me how important it is to be here. Keep living righteously family, I love you.
Con Amor,
Elder Hulsey
P.S. I could really use a new notebook if that's okay, a normal sized one would be great. My black one that I brought is just about all filled up, thanks!