Banner

Banner

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Email: What's going on?

Received August 11, 2012

Hola familia!
Today we got a little half p-day thing, normally my P-days are going to be on Fridays. So how are you guys? I've apreciated the letters, dearelder letters are the best! Also I got the package, what a nice surprise! So the very first day we had a big opening assembly thing for the new missionaries and the opening prayer was given by none other than Elder Landon Wright! That was awesome, also Elder Reber lives in the building right across from me so I see him all over the place (along with just about everybody else that I've ever known, it's awesome). So my companion! His name is Elder Jenson and he's from Denver, Colorado (he hasn't seen the new Batman, he's a little too afraid he said). He's pretty great. Our personalities are pretty different, but he's very respectful of me and I try to be just as respectful to him, so we're getting a long very well. So my Spanish is very...interesting. The way it works here is there are three levels of Spanish Classes: Beginning, intermediate (that's me), and Advanced. The Advanced district is Elders that are fluent in Spanish and English, thy're only here for 3 weeks. They come and help us a lot which is great. My district is AWESOME! I love them so much. There's one Elder named Elder Mull and he's one of the funniest guys I've ever met! He's struggling the most with Spanish but he has the best attitude. I've started writing down funny things he says, like 2 days ago he told us that he beat Zelda, so he knows what diligence is. He's great, if you can picture Shaggy from Scooby Doo only clean shaven and with a missionary haircut, then you've got Elder Mull. So yesterday we had to teach our first invertigator, his name is Alejandro and he's from Columbia. Elder Jenson and I tried to prepare a really good lesson, but before we gave it we had an Elder from the advanced district, Elder Sandoval, help us with the Spanish (because Alejandro doesn't speak English). Our lesson went just about perfectly (except that Elder Jenson accidentaly blessed that Carlos would feel the spirit in the closing prayer instead of Alejandro, but I'm sure Carlos will appreciate it too... whoever Carlos is). My teacher is really cool, his name is Elder Nultemeyer and he served in the Dominican Republic. Our district leader is also going there so he leaves to the Dominican MTC in 3 weeks, I'm going to miss him. Speaking of traveling me and Elder Jenson got a notice that we have a meeting on Tuesday about our visas, hopefully it's a good meeting. The food here is amazing, but they feed us sooooo much, the only time I was ever hungry was the first day before dinner. Also I found out they don't actually charge your cards for meals or laundry (but they make you think that they do). Our Zone leaders taught us that a long with a ton of other cool tricks from the MTC (like there's this tree that no joke, smells just like Cream Soda, it's crazy!). I have been drinking a lot of chocolate milk, it's awesome. You're never going to believe this but I think I may have stumbled upon something that I like more than chocolate milk, it's called cookies and cream milk, it's soooooo delicious! Well there's so much that I want to talk about and things but there just isn't very much time on these computers. Just know that I'm doing fantastic and that I love it here. I've really noticed that if I use my time wisely and follow the rules with EXACT obedience then I can feel the spirit super strong in my life. The Spanish is super dificult for me, but it's coming a long a lot better than I thought. I realized that I know a lot more than I thought I did after we taught Alejandro, me and Elder Jenson were both super pumped after that for that reason. I can now pray in Spanish and share my testimony. Yo se que la iglesia de Jesucristo es veradera, y se que nosotoros somos sus hijos. Yo se que el Libro de Mormon is veradero y que tiene el evangelia completo. I love you guys sooo much, but I haven't really suffered from home sickness at all like some of the other missionaries have. Well I've got to go write a talk for Sunday about el Libro de Mormon (they have everyone in our branch write a talk every for every Sunday in spanish, then they randomly select two missionaries to give theirs. I hope I don't have to give mine this week because it's going to be pretty short and probably some pretty bad Spanish, Pero todo esta bien). Like I said I love you guys and keep up the good work on the homefront.
Con mucho Amor
Elder Hulsey
P.S. Keep writing me on dearelder.com and get as many people as you can to write with it also. It's sorta a competition almost to see who gets the most letters each day, and the dearelder.com ones are my favorite.
P.S.S. So this letter I think I was pretty good at only writing in English or Spanish, but around here everyone speaks in this weird form of Spanglish so I'm used to mixing both languages so in the future, sorry if I do that.