Banner

Banner

Monday, January 28, 2013

(No Subject)

Email received January 28, 2013
 
Hola familia,
 
I´m sorry that this letter is going to be short, I wanted to use more time to write to dad. I´m so sorry to hear about the passing of grandma, I hope you guys are holding up okay. Even though we know that it´s not the end, it´s still sad because we´re not with her now. But I´m praying for you all. So last week I got a great package from Aunt Lisa, Thank you very much. The photo album was perfect and has actually helped me a lot. The Paraguayos love photos so much so it´s a great way to connect with the people. So somehow I have been the only one that has kept my health out of the 4 elders that live in my apartment. The other Elders have all been sick with different things. I have a bit of a cold but it´s really not anything. I started chuckling inside when you told me you were shovelling snow mom because I completely forgot about shovelling snow. The past couple of nights have cooled down a little bit, I´ve been using my blanket (It´s just a fleece blanket like the ones that you guys all have), but it´s still super hot during the days. I was using this hat that the bishop gave me, but this lady we were talking with wanted it so I gave it to her. Lets see, I´m having a really hard time thinking about anything special that happened this week. We walked through the jungle, clapped some doors, and taught some people. I did cut down some tree branches with a macheti and I had a great barbeque.
 
So I´ve been trying to think about the lessons that I learned from you mom and dad that have been helping me alot on the mission. From Mom I would say the biggest lesson you´ve taught me that has really helped has been to be part of the solution not part of the problem. There are a lot of times where I just deciede to do something, like the dishes (even though I don´t have any) or things like that rather than complain about how the house is messy. It´s helped me be happier and get along better with my companion. From dad the lesson that I would say is key is that teaching someone a lesson never works. There have been a few times where I´ve tried to teach my companion a lesson by doing or not doing something. Then there have been times when I have decided to just do what I need to and what will help us both out and then we get along better and I feel good. There is a scripture in Mormon that talks about how the wicked punish the wicked, so I feel like if I´m trying to punish people and teach them lessons then I´m actually being wicked myself. I love you guys so much and I hope you have a great week.
 
Con Amor,
Elder Hulsey
 
P.s. the picture is the plaque I got in Guarani
P.s.s I also just got a hand written letter from Jeff that I´m excited to read