Banner

Banner

Sunday, March 31, 2013

(No Subject)

Email Received March 25, 2013
 
Hola familia,
 
Espero que todo esté bien con ustedes. What a week huh? It was a little bit tough because the adversary has been working a full como se dice aquí, but it was still a pretty great week. So as far as the Argentine pope the Paraguayans are thrilled. I guess the pope said something about how great the people from Paraguay are and that it´s one of the first countries that he´s going to visit. It´s kinda funny because we´ll be teaching a lesson and have just explained about how we have a living prophet hoy en día and his name is Thomas S. Monson then the people ask us if we think it´s weird that the new pope is from Argentina and they ask us if we believe in him. Oh how I love my Paraguayans. They´re such a funny people. I can´t tell you how many times I´ve heard that song ¨Girls just wanna have fun¨ playing on the streets, including all sorts of remixes. They just love that song here. So as far as Easter goes, they celebrate the semana santa here by making tons of chipa. Chipa is kinda like bread sticks with cheese inside, just a lot better (sometimes they even put meet inside too so i´m pumped about that). While we´re on the topic of great foods here I´ve got to tell you about these things called Lomito Arabes. Every time I eat one I think about Dad because he would love these so much. What they do is they put beef and chicken on a big stick and put like an onion or some kind of vegetable like that on top, then they let it slowly cook like that all day and it absorbs all of the juices. Then then put it in this pita bread type tortilla and grill it for a little bit. Then they give you this garlic salsa that is just so good. Mom you´re probably gagging right now but I think I might try and take a picture of one and send it home to you because Dad you would love this so much. Also before I forget, I got a package this week but a different Elder picked it up for me so I´ll get it tomorrow in district meeting.
 
Well like I said, this week has also been pretty great spiritual. We found some pretty great investigators, but my favorite part has been being able to help out the new Elder in our house. He´s having a really hard time adjusting to the mission life and he´s super homesick, but for some reason he and I get along really well. So I´ve been able to talk a lot with him just about things that have helped me in my mission. I realized that I think the best way to find joy in the mission is be obedient and work as hard as you can. If you do that, and always humble yourself before the Lord and ask him to make you better than you are, then you have no regrets and you receive amazing blessings. I read a scripture this week in Helaman 10:4-5 and I replaced Nephi´s name with my name. I can´t wait for the day when the Lord can tell me that He´s proud of my work. A lot of time we work hard and it seems like no ones watching and that we´re not even making a difference, but the Lord is watching and He´s able to make all of our work worth while in one way or another, that´s why it´s important that we always work hard and be obedient. Right now we have some pretty golden investigators, and each one has great desires to get baptized and follow the commandments, but each one also has at least one huge obstacle that they have to overcome, but I know that if I do all that I can, the little bit that that ends up being, that the Lord can make miracles happen in His work (which is exactly what we need, miracles). I´m hoping to receive some revelation about what to do for them this week because we get to go to the temple on Thursday! I´m so excited, I miss being able to go to the temple every week. I love you guys and I hope you have great weeks. I so pumped for you Spencer, getting your call dentro de poco and as long as your ready to dedicate your whole heart to the Lord, work hard, and be obedient you´ll do great.
 
Con muchísimo amor,
Elder Hulsey

This is a picture of the cows that graze in front of our hose, I literally took this picture from inside the gate to our hose. Also a picture of a Lizard that always sneaks into our house and helps take care of the bugs